Search This Blog

Thursday 25 February 2010

The Flaming Dragon has Burnt Out


Advantages: Good location in Nottingham

Disadvantages: The food and restaurant

I have eaten in very good Chinese restaurants.
I have lots of Chinese friends whom I eat with.
I cook chinese food well.

Flaming Dragon is not a good chinese restaurant.

In my opinion this argument suffices to tell you to not bother eating here but I'll give a few more points to drive the message through.
Flaming dragon is one of many mediocre Chinese buffets that have sprung up around and inside medium sized cities in the UK (like Nottingham, Leicester, Coventry etc.) It has about three tables of food from which you pick out the food you like. Out of the 70 or so dishes they had available i only touched about 8-9.. I only liked three. Most of these dishes are just imitation chinese adapted to english taste but are not really authentic nor carry good quality. The set-up is also really horrible as the tables and chairs are really close to each other and you are practically eating with the people in the next table. The drinks are way overpriced as I got a small glass of coke for over 2 pounds.
If you want to go to a good chinese restaurant go to the ones where you sit down and order from a menu. These buffet style ones are just sad... SAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter